Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 30 - Djembes

I have some more pictures! None of Malabo yet, but I do have some from the student house.  I am going to try and get a better one of the house from the outside...I thought the one I had was better than what it actually is.

Mine and Sarah's room


I try to make my bed look like a princess canopy during the day :) 

Had to put a picture up somewhere!

Reed's room

Our porch/storage

Map of Malabo that David painted! If you click on it, the student house is just south of La Presidencia...one of the buildings drawn.  Don't mind the big planet on it...David got bored one day

View from outside!

Old map of Bioko 

Our living room

Kitchen

Office

Laundry room, which is the other half of the kitchen

Another little storage room

Luxury bathroom!!


We had our normal classes today and then right after Econ we went to one of David's friends house's...his name is Pepe and he throws these little drum circle gatherings.  I had met all of the people there except for Ana, Arturo and another woman whose name I can't remember, but she came with Arturo.  The other people there we had met at the French Cultural Center...Leonardo, Gafar, Sinsy, Luisa and Pepe.  The drums we used are called Djembes...they are the kind that sit on the floor and you put between your legs and play with your hands.  They first taught us three basic notes...one you hit the center of the drum, the second one is the outter part, the third is the rim and you kind of roll your palm over the edge...and then we continued by doing different rhythms...it was so much fun!! I really enjoyed it and was glad that they invited us.  Plus, Pepe is a good cook and the food he made was delicious!  Next time they have one, I will try and take some pictures!  All of these events we are going to are really helping me learn Spanish faster!!

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment