Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 27 - First Day of UNGE Classes

Last night I was actually cold while sleeping...man was it nice!! Not waking up in a pool of sweat is like a gift!! The air conditioner in mine and Sarah's room finally was working and I was pretty cold during the night...I liked it!!

We had the morning off and then headed to Carmen's for our Spanish class. Nothing major happened except for that I was trying to make a sentence off of the top of my head and said butter when I wanted to say napkin...woopsies...at least I made everyone laugh! Then after we had our first class at UNGE!!  It was for Natural Resource Economics and our professor is named Matoha.  He is a super interesting man...did his undergrad in Spain, got a masters degree in Seattle, worked in Washington for awhile, then he got offered a job with the US Embassy here since he is from here, but didn't like the ambassador at the time, so now he works with Marathon and teaches at UNGE.  Wow that sentence was a run on...sorry! haha  Anyways, he has a really cool story...I can't wait until we really get started learning stuff because I never have taken and Econ class before.  He even is a published author and planning an international jazz festival here!!

Tomorrow we will have all three classes...we haven't started out Environmental Science class yet.

Something that I have been picking up on the last few days...which I don't think I have talked about yet in any of my blog posts, but forgive me for repeating if I have....is that the taxis have kind of their own language with how they honk.  They are just always honking and they have several meanings to them...for example...there is a honk saying "hey I'm a taxi," then there is one for "yes get in,"  and one for "don't cross I'm not stopping," among others.  It is interesting and very, very annoying.

Hopefully sometime this week I can get some pictures of Malabo to show you all, but here are three pictures that Reed took that I really love!!  Iphone pictures for the win!

Panoramic view of Moraka Playa camp

This picture is just gorgeous. Plus Florentino, my favorite guide, is in it!!

The first boat leaving the beach, which I am on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment