Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 6 - Last Day of Orientation

We headed back to MEGI today to finish up some orientation things like learning how to use the cyber census equipment, GPS and the satellite phones.  We had some free time on the compound and since it is so nice up there, literally it is like America, we played some frisbee and soccer outside.  I also got to talk a little more to some of the scientists about what they want to accomplish here and to the volunteers about their lives...I am meeting so many interesting people!  We also got to meet the country manager of Mobil who was very nice. He is from Texas...as most of the workers are.

It's been kind of a boring day you could say...nothing really to do besides prepare for the expedition and just relax while I can.  OH! And eat as much food as I can while I have it...so we decided to get some lunch in town at this little place that David likes.  We got arroz con pollo, chicken and rice. Muy delicioso!

I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow for the first time! That is if the roosters don't wake me up...Malabo has plenty of them roaming around!

Hasta luego,
Lindsey




No comments:

Post a Comment