Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 7 - Packing for the Expedition

Today has not been the best day for me.  My mom emailed me and said that my Uncle Kirk has passed away...I wish I could be home right now, but I know he would want me to enjoy this experience and do everything I can while I am here.

Other than that news, today has been rather boring.  I packed all of the stuff I would need for the Calders and then we decided to walk around a little. We ate lunch at a little place called Cafe Malabo...I got tortilla con jamon y queso (ham and cheese omelette) and it was very good.  The waiter is actually from Moka, which is just north of the Caldera, where we are headed tomorrow.  We are leaving around 4:00 AM and driving to Luba, which should take about two hours.  Then we are taking a boat to Moraca Playa, which should take about four hours.  This expedition will last about two weeks.

I will hopefully have some amazing things to post when we get back to Malabo.

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey,
    I am so sorry to hear about your uncle, but I am sure you are right--embrace the moment in which you are finding yourself.

    Can't wait to hear about your expedition.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete