Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 76 - Shopping with Javier

Javier, Prospero's brother and a worker for the BBPP, took Sarah and I out shopping today at all of the little touristy shops.  It was really helpful because the Guinean people tend to overcharge white people that come to the island.  We got some dolls, some carvings and some bracelets!  It was really cool because Javier took us to places I haven't seen yet and didn't even know existed.

Then later on, we kind of celebrated my birthday.  We went to this restaurant called Restaurante Alibaba and it was really good food! Actually it was very surprising how good it was because it wasn't expensive.  Sarah also made me a birthday cake...chocolate with peanut butter icing...yum!!  She even decorated it really nicely...she is just the cutest.

Pollo con las setas y platanos.

The cake Sarah made me.


Tonight is our last night in Malabo!!  Tomorrow the packing/laundry/cleaning begins!

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment