Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 75 - St. Patrick's Day

Although I am not Irish, I can appreciate some really well cooked Irish food...luckily for me, Mark is Irish and made us a really nice dinner!  He cooked a pot roast with potatoes, yams and other things like that, plus some Guinean flare with Malanga...which tastes almost like a potato when cooked.  He also threw some wine and Guinness in the slow cooker...mmm was it delicious!  And he made two different kinds of homemade Irish soda bread.  Happy St. Patrick's Day to us!!

We were supposed to go to Pico Basile today, but we couldn't get the right permits we needed.  There is this awesome view of the mountain from UNGE and I am really bummed we couldn't go up to the top.  It is the highest peak in Equatorial Guinea, so at least I got to see it everyday walking to class!

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment