Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 68 - Sipopo Beach

Today has been a mini adventure to say the least.  Adam, Aurora, Reed, Sarah, David and I all went out to the beach in Sipopo.  Last time we went I had mentioned how there was this island that the Sofitel hotel owned right off of the beach...well, I was kidding when I said we should just swim out to it to see it, but that is exactly what we did haha

We all started it and then halfway we were like "oh shoot...this is pretty far."  Not to mention I was getting really freaked out because I didn't have goggles with and I didn't know what types of marine critters were swimming underneath us!! It is a volcanic island, so it has a pretty steep drop off not too far offshore...which made it even a little scarier...but once we got to the island it was pretty awesome.  It was a beautiful little island and luckily Adam had a go-pro camera with him...since he is a photographer...so it was perfect he got some pictures for us!! I will have to post them later though because he had to catch his flight back to the US like an hour after we got back to the student house.

Anyways, it was quite a rush knowing we swam all that way...except when Adam starting saying the size of the fish that were swimming underneath (he had some goggles) and that there were barracudas, too.  But we decided to just take the bridge back to the beach...the guards couldn't tell us we weren't allowed this time!  Along the bridge it got to a part where it was deep, but really blue...so we all jumped off.  It was really fun, until we got in trouble...so worth it though!!

Oh and along the way out once I had realized just the type of creatures that could be swimming underneath us...I needed to do something to just keep swimming and get my mind off of it...so I told Sarah to pick a song for me to sing...Hakuna Matata it was!  At least I provided some entertainment, right?  Sarah actually just told me that although if she were looking for great white sharks that area we swam across wouldn't be the first place she would look, that it wouldn't be unusual to see one there...I think I just peed myself a little.  Never doing that again.

Well the beach always makes me tired...looks like going to bed at 9:45 it is!!

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Hey bubbas,
    You swimmer you.... Good workout and I'm sure the adrenalin was going since you had no clue what was beneath you.. He He!!!! Scary. You will have so many great stories to tell us when you get back... Love ya sooo much, trils and bils,
    Mommy and Daddy

    ReplyDelete