Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 55 - La Paz

So this morning David took me to La Paz, the new Israeli hospital out by Sipopo beach, to get my rash taken care of...it is really uncomfortable to walk since it is behind my knees...ugh sensitive skin!

The doctor there was from Russia and it was surprisingly a nice hospital.  She told me I rubbed up against a plant I was allergic to and then since I didn't have access to any medical care for 2 weeks, it got infected...eek.  But I am on steroids and a topical antibiotic now, so I should be good in a few weeks!

Anyways, back to regular classes today...man we were spoiled being in Moka!  We basically ran our own classes.  I feel more comfortable with my Spanish though...so this week should be cool talking with Carmen!  Speaking of Carmen, if anyone back in the US is looking for a live-in Spanish teacher, she wants a job!  She did this last summer and transitioned from three different houses over 2 months and in turn she also learned some more English.  If anyone knows of anyone or is interested themselves, let me know!  I want to help her out if I can because she is just so kind.

Well, have to go write two papers due for my classes tonight.

Hast luego,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment