Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 36 - Pintar La Casa

Today has been a much better day!  We got done with Econ class early...that's always nice...and we kind of got done with Spanish early because Carmen showed us this short 15 minute movie she is in.

The movie is called La Familia and it just demonstrates how EG thinks so highly of family...Spanish culture as a whole does.  Her daughter, also Carmen, was her costar!  Plus two Equato-guineans that I didn't know.  It was good! Weird seeing her on film though.

The funny aspect of the day was when David walked in the door with a letter from the EG police.  In EG if the president or anyone in his political party doesn't like how a building or home is painted or think that the paint job is looking old, they give you a letter that basically tells you how many days you have to paint it a different color.  Actually, while walking through Malabo, there is the word "pintar" with a date spray painted on several buildings and that is from the police.  Low and behold, the president doesn't like how the student house is painted and we have to start painting it a new color by tomorrow...funny if you ask me.

OH! And Lindsay, the one from Spain, sent me a link that translates song lyrics from Spanish to English and vice versa.  While she was here, I was asking her tips on how I can improve my Spanish and she said her favorite thing is to look up Spanish songs on YouTube and then it makes it somewhat fun to learn.  The site is so helpful and I I'm glad she showed me!! For all of you aspiring Spanish speakers out there, check it out!

http://lyricstranslate.com/

Hasta luego,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment