Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 37 - Leatherback pictures

Well I have yet to see anyone make any type of changes to the paint on the house...I wonder what is going to happen.

Today Jake, another TA from Philly and the person instructing our FRTE course and overseeing our research, landed in Malabo.  I can't believe we go to Moka on Sunday! I am excited to see some Galagos.  Well, hopefully because I was talking to people who said that it will be hard to Galagos, too. I guess I will see for myself when I get there.

Our Spanish homework for tonight was to talk only in Spanish for an entire hour...it was very hard, but definitely helps!  The best to learn it is to speak it.  Of course I messed up and it wasn't perfect, but everyone here knows that it obviously isn't my first language and especially when I am with the UNGE students they all help me.  I mean, they kind of laugh at me, too, but I laugh at myself sometimes!

I got some pictures from Sarah's camera of the Leatherback she saw at Moraka Playa one morning.  So cool!! She even got a video of the turtle heading back toward the water!  It shows how slow the process really is for them.  But unfortunately, I couldn't upload on here...maybe tomorrow it will work.





Hasta luego,
Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. This is a great picture. Thank you so much for sharing. This sis so neat....
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi baby,
      It would be great if I could spell correctly. Ha Ha. I love all of your pictures. So great.

      Delete